If you’re looking to buy the best microwave oven in India you are in the right place. Microwave cooking is healthy and convenient. The reduced cooking time helps you retain more food nutrients for promising health. Moreover, you don’t need to stand over there and stir continuously- just leave it be, finish other works, and let it call you back when your food is ready. Sounds cool right? That’s why makers keep launching the best microwave oven models in the Indian market every now and then. But, if you are a newbie or buying after a long time, it’s better to save your time, energy, and money on the wrong products by going as per an expert’s advice. Don’t worry, that’s on us.
Best Microwave Oven in India 2021
Basically, microwave ovens come in three categories- Convection, Solo, and Grill. In this article, we are going to explore the best microwave oven in India from each category and would understand their credibility through a buyer’s guide made out of experts’ recommendations. Let’s get started.
Best convection microwave oven in India
The IFB 25 lt Convection Microwave Oven is surprisingly lightweight for its capacity. It doesn’t mean it has compromised with its more features than any other oven in this price range. This microwave oven comes with a lot of features at a reasonable price, so it tops the list of the best microwave oven in India. The oven provides 26 standard menus that consist of many popular Indian dishes. The Auto defrost feature is exciting because you just need to enter the weight of the food to be defrosted. The device will automatically start defrosting the item till it’s heated through evenly.
You have to manually set the timer or check on the product to see it’s defrosted uniformly in other ovens. This device makes the work a lot easier. The timer option is also handy as it keeps the user informed about the remaining cooking time, the power level and temperature at every stage of cooking.
The express cook allows you to cook a dish faster by just the press of a button. Just like defrosting, once the weight is entered, the device adjusts the power and temperature accordingly to cook the dish as required. You don’t have to think a lot about measurements and technical aspects of cooking with a microwave when you use this model. The overheating protection is another fantastic feature that protects your device from heat damage.
If the temperature gets too high or there are fluctuations in the voltage, the microwave heating element gets switched off immediately. It saves your appliance from internal damage as well as saves your money from repair charges. The oven also has a “Steam Clean” technology. It will remove any residual grease from the inner surface of the microwave in minutes by using steam. The high temperature of the steam also disinfects the inner cavity from any sort of bacterial growth. This countertop microwave oven is easy to install and is extremely low maintenance.
- Self steam cleaning
- Auto defrost
- Sensor Malfunction Protection
- Deodorizing feature
- Microwave safe utensils needed
The Amazon Basics 23lt Microwave is suitable for the cooking requirements of a family of 3-4 members easily. You can cook for more in batches if you want as this device can work for hours at a stretch without showing any technical glitches. It comes with a convection function that allows users to grill, bake, defrost, cook, and even preheat the microwave at the touch of a button. The oven is very versatile at the price range it comes in and thus is one of the best microwave ovens in India.
If you are on a budget or getting such a kitchen appliance for the first time, we suggest this model. It’s a total value for money that does everything a convection oven is expected to do and that too at such unbeatable price. The aesthetic and easy to use LED display panel gives it a sophisticated look and a modern control option. The digital panel consists of 65 Auto- cook Menu options along with a child lock option. The auto cook menu options are just a guide or stepping stone to give you an idea about the oven’s functioning.
You can manually set the power levels and temperature as you please to make a dish as per your style. The timer is very efficient and precise, helping you track the progress of the dishes being cooked or heated and signals the end of cooking. You don’t have to check on your food so you can busy yourself with other essential works.
The defrosting function is swift. Usually, it can take hours to frost a food item, especially meat or poultry. But with this device, the food can be defrosted within minutes and be cooked immediately. So, there is no more waiting time and no uneven defrosting either. The preheat function also allows getting the oven ready for making delicious baked goods.
- Faster defrosting
- Even heating
- Multi-stage cooking
- Preheat function
- No complimentary accessories
The LG Convection Microwave is your cooking aid that can grill, bake, reheat, defrost, and cook as many dishes as you can imagine. The 900 wattage power output ensures that the device provides the optimal heating for uniform and faster cooking. The touch keypad control panel is sensitive to touch but not fragile at all. The control panel is easy to clean as well and will not be damaged with prolonged use.
The unique feature of this device is its quartz heater. This heater is unique because it keeps the inner cavity warmer for more extended periods. It gets heated pretty fast but takes time to cool down. So even if you are finished cooking, your food will remain warm inside the oven for hours until you are ready to take it out. The machine’s stainless steel parts make sure that everything is easy to clean and doesn’t get contaminated easily. Unlike the iron coating, there is no chance of mold growth in the steel body. There is a whopping 251 auto cook menu, half of which is dedicated to Indian cuisine.
So you will find an already preset temperature and power level for all your favorite dishes in this device. But just providing a popular dishes menu hasn’t barred it for the health-conscious. The oven also comes with a health plus menu. The auto cook menu is specially designed for the calorie and health-conscious people. The menu has listed ingredients and temperature settings that will optimize the food’s nutritional value without compromising on the taste.
You can also make traditional and western dishes, prepare curd and paneer, and even make hygienic ghee in this oven. The best part, the smell of the dairy doesn’t linger in the cavity and vanishes within minutes.
- Healthy auto cook menu
- Versatile cooking modes
- Keeps food warm longer
- Light disinfectant
- Large space required
The Panasonic Convection Microwave comes with preset menus that are best for single parents or working women. You don’t have to worry about cooking while rushing for your work with the easy timer function. You can meal prep in advance and use the preset menu option and timer to give your dishes the final additional cooking. You can prepare multiple dishes in a short period due to its massive capacity of 23lts. This 23L convection model is one of the best microwave ovens in India.
This microwave oven can easily make food for a family of four in a matter of minutes. The glass turntable present inside the cavity ensures that the food is cooked uniformly. You can easily see the food rotating and being cooked through the glass door. The control buttons are touch-sensitive, so they give you a modern and easy to use functionality. The touch-sensitive panels are almost the same as your smartphones to use anyone in the family quickly. The handle of the oven is heatproof and will not hurt your hands due to the transfer of heat.
The oven is very versatile as it can be used to bake, grill, and cook several dishes. You don’t have to wait on the device to finish cooking as the timer function can be adjusted manually to set the time limit for hours at a time. Now you can put your favorite stew in the oven to cook while you can attend to other chores in the house. The device gets heated pretty quickly due to the 360-degree heat wrap. It is a heatwave duct inside the cavity that allows uniform cooking throughout. The heating is intense, so the food gets defrosted faster. Irrespective of the amount and size of the food, the process of heating and defrosting is relatively quicker than the solo microwaves.
- Faster heating
- Multiple preset menus
- Compact design
- Huge interior capacity
- Mediocre grill accessories
The Bajaj 25 ltr Convection Microwave oven is ideal for large families. The oven can cook a massive quantity of food in less time and efficiently due to its 900 watts high power output. The oven has nine auto cook menus, which means that you can cook your favorite dish at the touch of a button. The auto cook menu is designed to accommodate some of the most common dishes with the already set temperature and power levels.
There is also a 95-minute timer, which means you can control the timing manually if you want to cook a special recipe of your own. The 95 minutes timer means you can cook stews, soups, and roasts in the oven for hours and don’t have to worry about it. Long timer settings give you the advantage of making those slow-cook dishes without having to worry about overcooking or forgetting to time them accurately later on.
The exterior design of the device is fundamental and straightforward. The operating panels are in the form of tactile buttons to set the temperature and timer. The tactile buttons might look old-fashioned, but they will pass the test of time. They are meant to survive rough uses and will extend the durability of the oven for years. The tactile buttons are also easy to clean and, in case of repair, be easy to replace. The exterior has a sleek silver grey design that will look elegant on your kitchen counter.
The electronic controls are mostly manual, which needs to be adjusted to set the power levels as per the cooking requirements. However, you must also know that sometimes a manual setting will give you better cooking results than the automated ones. Hence this device is perfect for cooking a variety of Indian dishes.
- Large Capacity
- Better Child Lock
- Easy to operate
- No intense heating
The Croma 20 ltr microwave oven comes with 200 auto menu options that give many options to cook. The auto cook menu means you don’t have to dwell on the temperature and power settings to adjust your dish. The auto cook menu is adjusted as per the standard dishes that we cook every day and some exciting delicacies. So you can experiment with cooking as much as you can.
You can also bake in this oven whatever you fancy like cakes, bread, pies, biscuits, and cookies. The 800-watt power output ensures that the cooking is done efficiently and fast. The device also comes with an adjustable timer option. However, the auto cook option adjusts the temperature and power level and the time as per the dish. So all you need to do is put the prepped dish inside the oven and let the oven do the rest of the job.
There are also ten power levels, which means you can adjust the power levels as per your liking if you don’t want to be dependent on the auto cook option altogether. The convection and grilling options allow you to cook many exotic dishes with minimum effort. The cool-touch handle is there to protect your hands from any heat-related injuries while using the oven. The 20 ltr capacity is ideal for preparing meals for 4- 5 people quickly at a time.
The device also comes with several accessories that help you make your culinary experience more convenient. The child lock is sturdy, and it will be difficult for any child to open independently. The stainless steel cavity ensures that the device looks as pristine from inside as it does from outside. The steel also imparts anti-bacterial property that keeps the interior hygienic and odor-free.
- 200 Auto-Cook Menu
- Three cooking modes
- Stainless steel interiors
- Bulky design
The Morphy Richards 23 Ltr Convection microwave allows you to cook in three modes- convection mode, microwave mode, and grill mode. The oven offers different convection cooking power modes that allow you to adjust the temperature before and while cooking food. There is a mirror front door that allows you to see the dish cooking clearly to know when the dish is ready. The interior is a steel cavity that ensures even cooking and makes it easy to clean.
One of the best features of the model is ten auto cook menus. Ten already preset cooking options mean that if you cook any of these ten items, you don’t have to set the temperature and power manually. Just select the button, and it will automatically adjust itself to cook the dish perfectly. There are five different power levels which allow you to have stress free cooking. The 23 lt capacity is another advantageous feature that allows you to cook a lot of food at one go.
It saves not only time and effort but also a great convenience as well. It also has an easy to use defrost function which operates without much programming to automatically melt all the ice off irrespective of the kind of food. One of the most advanced features that this model offers is sensory protection. This overheats the sensory protection feature that controls the heat inside the microwave to be evenly cooked inside.
You don’t have to deal with food that looks cooked outside but is raw inside anymore. It also comes with an electrical child lock that requires a code. No matter how smart your kid is. It will protect him/her from any unwanted incident strictly with its lock system.
- Overheat and sensory protection
- 23lts capacity
- Loaded with accessories
- More power consumption
Best solo microwave oven in India
Next on our list is the 17lt capacity Bajaj Solo Microwave which is suitable for small families, bachelors, or people who live on their own. This is the perfect size for keeping it in convenience stores to heat patties, cook noodles, etc. This is also appropriate for office canteens and school cafeterias due to its minimalist features and user-friendliness. This microwave oven will reheat, defrost, and cook many simple dishes. You can quickly boil eggs, pasteurize milk, and make popcorn in this oven. It is the best solo microwave oven in India.
It comes with a cooking alarm that can be set up to thirty minutes. Cooking alarm in such types of ovens is perfect if you are a multi-tasker. You can let your food cook in the oven while you can attend to some other works. Even if you find the food needs extra time to cook, there are interchangeable power settings. You can again set the temperature and timer as per requirements. The device utilizes the power of 1200 wattage.
Thus it provides even heating for cooking anything you want. However, it doesn’t heat up to the point where the food can be overcooked or scorched beyond repair. The temperature settings and power can be adjusted manually to cook different types of food without compromising its quality. The jog dials are often regarded as outdated features, but they have more resistance and durability than the modern touch screen control panels.
They are so user friendly that even children and older adults can use it with ease. The usage is also pretty straightforward as there are only two jog dials, unlike other ovens where multi function buttons can often be confusing and intimidating. The exterior is a while and pretty simple, which means it will be compatible with any décor.
- Simple operating system
- Multiple power levels
- Cooking Alarm
- Small size
This solo microwave oven is from IFB. Whenever it comes to the best microwave oven in India, IFB models come in the list. The IFB 17 ltr Microwave oven should be the first microwave you must invest in if you have limited space. Except for heating and defrosting food like most other solo microwaves, you can make poached eggs, cookies, Dalia, popcorn, Maggi, and even potato chips in it. Unlike the traditional oven where you have to preheat them before cooking anything, you can start heating food as soon as the power is turned on.
This makes this device more efficient in comparison to the electric oven. If you are on a tight budget and don’t want to lose out on convenience, this should be your choice. You don’t have to worry about leaving it unattended, as it will automatically turn off due to the timer feature. So you can cook food and attend to other chores at the same time. There are three auto cook options in this device that makes cooking a lot easier. Due to the auto cook option, you avoid overcooking the food and therefore reduce food wastage.
By cooking in the microwave like this, you also preserve the nutritional value of the food. The food cooked in this device is guaranteed to be evenly cooked even if you are in a hurry due to its 1200 watts capacity. Although it has a standard size, it still weighs remarkably light. So you can quickly shift its position from one part of your home to another depending upon your convenience. The device also comes with a jog dial control panel and also a mechanical timer.
You can easily adjust the panels as per requirements with precision. Unlike the touch screen type panels that can get damaged by prolonged use or misread instructions, the jog dials will always provide the precision without fail. It also allows for changing power labels while cooking.
- Auto cook facility
- Interchangeable power levels
- Faster heating
- Accessories to be bought separately
Morphy Richards Solo microwave is your companion in the kitchen when you have to cook for yourself. It will create a multi-course menu for your small family with a multi-stage cooking facility in no time. There are five power levels in this device. The power levels enable you to cook different kinds of dishes without worrying about undercooking or overcooking. Whether it’s just heating a particular food item or defrosting it, the temperature can be adjusted as per the cooking requirement.
You must have noticed that defrosting a meat product might take different temperatures and time than defrosting vegetables or curries. This feature will allow you to set the temperature to get a wholly defrosted and evenly heated plate of food. It’s a countertop type of device which is very compact and looks stylish at the same time. The simple design will only contribute to the overall aesthetics of your cooking counter. The interiors are made up of stainless steel so you can be guaranteed of the hygiene factor.
Stainless steel naturally doesn’t allow bacteria breeding and doesn’t allow the food odor to linger for long. You can be assured that no matter what you have been cooking inside the oven, the next dish won’t get caught up in the same smell. We like the control panel, which is a jog dial system. It not only gives a retro old school vibe to the device but extremely precise as well. If you know, the machine has to undergo some rough usage or want it installed in a restaurant, convenience store, etc., this is the right choice for your business. People will find it easy to use, and it won’t get damaged easily, unlike the feather touch panel.
- Stainless steel interiors
- Easy to use jog dials
- Multi-stage cooking adjustments
- Not scratch- proof
Best Grill Microwave Oven in India
The Bajaj 20 Liters Grill Microwave lets you use the microwave’s convenience and grill simultaneously without any complicated instructions. The model comes with jog dials as control panels, which make it easier to use. They give precise control and won’t get damaged easily, even under rough use. For older adults or someone who likes to keep things simple, these small details make usage a lot accessible. There is also a thirty-minute cooking time alarm that ensures you don’t overcook or burn your food. So it can be termed as the best grill microwave oven in India.
The grill microwave oven not only just lets you grill food but also helps in heating, defrosting, and baking cupcakes. You can also make your favorite sandwiches, toasts, pizzas, and crisp potato fries anytime you want with this oven. The interiors are powder coated iron which gives intense heat. If you have cooked with cast iron utensils, you will understand how wonderful the food tastes with it. It will give a similar effect, but the iron coating also ensures even heating that lasts for a long time, even if it is cut off from power.
Along with iron coating, another factor that gives efficient and faster cooking time is the higher power output of 1200 watts. The product may not give you energy efficiency, but the food is guaranteed to give you a thumbs up from your guests and family. Unlike the regular toasters and grillers, you don’t have to move the food manually for even cooking. There is a revolving disk inside that helps to cook or defrost the food evenly.
It’s also very lightweight, weighing approximately 1-2 kg, so it’s easy to travel if you are moving. The device itself is very compact and portable, so it doesn’t occupy too much space on your kitchen counter. Its mirror finish design gives it a classy look to your overall kitchen aesthetics.
- Intense even heating
- Multiple cooking options
- Easy to handle
- No starter kit
LG 29L Grill Microwave Oven is ready to use as soon as you unpack it. It doesn’t require any elaborate installation, which amplifies its convenience. It has a small capacity making it perfect for nuclear families and people living alone. Not just for defrosting and reheating now, you can have grilled fish, meat, or vegetables anytime you want. The brand also provides a starter kit with the product to buy the necessary accessories at an extra expense. The control panel is a touch keypad that is sensitive to touch and offers an immediate response.
The membranes of the keypad are also very easy to clean and don’t accumulate dust quickly. One of the features that make this grill a safer option for families with kids is the child lock. This feature ensures complete safety and can be utilized by pressing a single button. The heating is faster than its earlier models due to a quartz heater instead of a sheath heater. The heater itself is placed on the top cavity so that the user doesn’t burn his fingers while using the oven.
The anti-bacteria cavity ensures that there is no bacteria growth inside the cavity. This prevents the formation of mold as well as a foul odor. The microwave comes with i- wave patented technology that ensures the even faster circulation of microwaves inside the oven. You get faster and even defrosting and heating irrespective of the food you are cooking. The device also comes with an energy-saving feature. It will automatically switch off when kept on standby mode for more than five minutes. Even if you forgot to switch off the oven after use, it will take care of itself and won’t waste energy. Imagine the money, and you will be saving using this oven.
- Auto cook Menu
- Anti Bacterial Cavity
- Quartz heater
- Limited starter kit
We believe that the above list of microwave oven reviews will help you find the best microwave oven in India in 2021.
Best Microwave Oven in India – Buying Guide
1. Different types of microwave oven
Microwave is a daily kitchen essential nowadays. Its fast, convenient, and with so many varieties, it has even become accessible. Depending upon its functionality and user’s cooking requirements, microwave ovens are divided into three different categories – Solo, Grill, and Convection. These are all mostly countertop microwave ovens. But many homes and professional places opt for over- the range or built-in microwave ovens to save space and look modern.
The solo microwaves are customized to be used by small families or people living on their own. They come in a capacity ranging from 17lt-23lts. Many big brands have their version of solo microwaves, so you can easily find one from a company you prefer. They are too budget and storage-friendly, although they come with limited functions.
They are ideal for reheating or defrosting food and offer basic level microwave settings. It doesn’t offer an advanced setting like baking or grilling, so if you know you don’t have time to cook, this is an excellent functional addition to your kitchen. It also comes with different temperature settings and styles like adjusting mechanical knobs, tact buttons, or digital screen.
The Grill microwave is an upgrade over the solo microwaves. It can be used for the usual defrosting and preheating functions along with cooking and grilling. Most brands have to touch keypads, but some models have mechanical knobs as some still prefer that system for grilling devices.
These come with a quartz heater rather than a sheath to provide more intense heating, so food cooks faster. The cavity is made with anti-bacterial materials; hence it’s hygienic and avoids odor formations. The heater is placed on the top, so there is more inner space and prevents your hands from burning. Most of these microwaves have an energy-saving feature and an easy clean coating to remove food residue easily.
The convection microwaves are appropriate for large families, restaurants, and canteens that many people need to use. These do more than what solo and grill microwaves offer, including baking, diet frying, and pasteurizing milk. Some models even come with charcoal lighting heater that maintains the natural flavors of the food.
They come with an auto cook menu to preset the oven for the dish you want to cook. You can press “start” and don’t even have to bother until the dish is ready. The stainless steel cavity makes it easy to clean, maintain, and ensures uniform heating for even cooking. One of the best features is, it keeps food warm for up to 90 minutes that other ovens cant. The only downside, however, is its price. It’s on the expensive side and may be out of range for people on a budget.
The microwave capacity you are interested in should depend on your cooking habits, the number of people will use it, and the budget. There is a massive selection of capacities from different brands that come with their unique features, so choose functions first then budget. The capacity of the best microwave oven is selected based on volume or in liters. It means how much food you can cook in one go. Here is a complete guide based on which you can select the capacity.
3. Power consumption
While buying a microwave oven, power consumption must be a determining factor if you don’t want your electricity bills to surprise you unpleasantly. The volume of the microwave determines its wattage. More the wattage, the more significant the volume and the higher the power consumption. This doesn’t mean you can refrain yourself from buying a more significant volume of the microwave. More wattage also means better heating. Your food will cook faster and more evenly.
So, it’s up to you on which feature you can compromise with. Generally, the rated power wattage of a microwave oven of almost all brands ranges between 800 watts to 3000 watts. A 1000 watts microwave oven will consume one kWh (unit) of electricity from a calculative perspective when run for one hour. So the power consumption for the whole month should be 30kWh of electricity. You can find the total cost you have to pay for owning a microwave by calculating the electricity tariff as per your local provider.
However, you also have to consider that power consumption will depend on the temperature setting as well. Irrespective of the wattage, an oven will consume different amounts of power at different temperatures. The power consumption will boil down to the hours of usage and the kind of usage the oven goes through.
4. Smart features in Microwave Oven
Each microwave oven features will depend upon the manufacturer, range, capacity, and price. Dictated by design and price, the devices in recent times offer more convenience than the earlier classic models. However, if you purchase the best microwave oven in India, they upgrade themselves with newer features from time to time. These are some of the standard features that models offer nowadays-
- Auto cook – Most models offer a preset program that consists of automated menus. Ordinarily, you have to set the temperature and timing for a dish. Sometimes you even have to check on it regularly to see if cooked properly. Auto cook means you just have to select the type of food and approximate weight you are about to cook. The oven will then automatically adjust the cooking time and power accordingly to prepare the dish. You don’t have to be on standby and regularly check on the food, thus saving time and making cooking easier. Some of the most expensive models can offer more than 100 pre-programmed menu items.
- Auto defrost – All microwave ovens are capable of defrosting food. However, some of the best microwave ovens offer quick or auto defrosting settings. This will eliminate the guesswork out of defrosting food. You just have to select the type and weight of the food, and the oven will automatically adjust the temperature and time to thaw it evenly. In some models, the Cyclic defrost option ensures that the food is thawed through and through in far less time. Without these settings, you risk not defrosting food properly, thus compromising the quality of food and your health eventually.
- Preheat – For baked goods like cakes and biscuits, the oven has to be preheated before cooking. If you don’t preheat the oven, the natural ingredient will not give the desired texture from baked food. The baked items also take a lot of time and consume more power to cook evenly. Hence, preheating to a fixed temperature is compulsory. Even recipes call for first preheating the oven up to 200∘C and then proceed baking. Not all microwave ovens offer this feature. So look out for it if you want your oven to bake for you.
- Rotisserie – Rotisserie accessory is a steel base bar that works on a motor system. It’s a unique grilling accessory that only comes with a few microwave oven models. Otherwise, it can cost you up to 2-3k extra easily. There are two variants in rotisserie- vertical rotisserie bar and horizontal rotisserie bar. In comparison, the horizontal version has better heat distribution properties. It an essential accessory if you want to enjoy grilled meat, poultry, vegetables, and paneer(cheese).
- Timer – It’s one of the most common features in all ovens that simply can’t be done without. Simply set the timer for defrosting, heating, grilling, etc., and go on about your other chores. Once the process is completed, the device will automatically switch off as per the preset time.
- Child safety lock – The microwave oven should never be opened frequently while cooking. It will affect the cooking time of the food and its quality and lead to burning incidents. There is tremendous heat inside the oven, so children especially need to be guarded around them. Therefore, most ovens are provided with a child lock facility that protects children from unwanted situations that can hurt them. The childproof doors can be locked and released without affecting the timer.
- Keep warm – There is a “delay start- time” feature in most ovens that helps maintain the low temperature inside for a long time. This is very helpful to keep the food warm until you serve them. The flavor and taste will not undergo any changes, nor will the food be overcooked. In conjunction with convection heating, the Turbo Baking feature utilizes hot air and grill to produce a golden, crispy exterior on the top. This crispy exterior will also be maintained until you are ready to serve as long as you keep it in the oven. This is one of the unique features of the latest models of microwave oven not present before.
- Sensor functions – This latest smart technology will analyze the cooking time and adjust accordingly. The device will measure the steam in the oven and can decide whether the food is sufficiently cooked or not. You don’t have to set the timer or adjust any auto cook settings. The microwave will automatically shut off when the food is ready with minimal chances of being undercooked or overcooked. However, this feature is only available in some of the most high-end microwave ovens only.
- Panel types– There are three types of control panels available in all varieties of microwave ovens. There is a mechanical, Tact Dial Type, and a Feather-touch variant. The Feather Touch panels are just like your smartphone screens that can sense your fingers. They mostly come in high- end models and need to be handled carefully. The tact dial and mechanical versions are more common in low-end models and can handle very rough use for a long time.
- Microwave oven accessories– You can easily find various microwave accessories in stores both online and offline. But some models come with their own set of accessories, both primary and innovative, like a microwave stand to mount the device in case you lack space in the kitchen, microwave-safe gloves, utensils, and bowls, etc. Some brands even provide microwave covers and removable racks to help you cook two dishes simultaneously. There are also integrated revolving glass trays for even cooking, enameled metal tray and baking tray. Some models even provide a dedicated pizza tray.
- Interior– There are other materials used for the manufacturing of the interiors. But it would be best if you are looking for stainless steel interiors that not only provide better cooking results but are easy to clean as well. Stainless steel enhances even heating as it improves the circulation of microwaves in comparison to other materials.
- Gourmet wave system– Some models come with the Gourmet Wave System that controls the power levels to speed up electricity conversion into microwaves through continuous monitoring. This ensures faster and better cooking results due to the even distribution of heat. You will save up to 15% of energy by using this system, and your food will retain its nutritional value better under this system.
- Manual power level settings-Use it if you like your food to be cooked in a particular way and don’t want to use the standard auto cook controls. Adjust the power output of the microwave from 100% to 10% to suit the dish you are preparing. You can also adjust the power level manually for preheating, grilling, and convection cooking. However, this feature is more helpful when you are well acquainted with advanced cooking.
- Interlocks– This safety feature cannot be seen or controlled by the user. It guarantees that the machine will not run if the door isn’t closed correctly. Most ovens have 2 or 3 interlocks. If one fails for some reason, then the backup will work.
Microwave oven price
The budget will play a significant role in purchasing the microwave oven. Depending on the range and features offered, this is a generalized table for the price.
|Solo Microwave Oven||Rs.5000- Rs.7000|
|Grill Microwave Oven||Rs.8000- Rs12000|
|Convection Microwave Oven||Rs. 15000- Rs.30000 and above|
Safety tips to consider before and while using a microwave oven
- Always use microwave oven safe utensils, glass, or ceramic. Do not use materials like melamine, plastic, copper utensils that may break or damage easily.
- Do not keep plastic utensils inside the oven at medium or high temperatures; they will melt and destroy the interior.
- Always check the microwave thoroughly after unpacking for the first time. Read the user manual and guide meticulously for usage details. Each manufacturer is different, so be well informed before use.
- Do not ignore the safety tips, warning labels, and precautions provided in the manual.
- Never sterilize food utensils or water bottles in the microwave. It’s not practical, and chances are the utensils will be damaged.
- Never heat water or any other liquids inside the oven beyond their boiling point. The enclosed cavity will increase the chances of burn or explosion due to pressure built-up.
- Never put clothes, newspapers, or other paper products in the microwave to dry as the heating will lead to injuries and fire hazards.
- Always clean the interiors regularly to avoid fungal contamination and foul odors. Use a soft and dry towel for cleaning. Do not damage the interiors by using steel wool, scorching pads, and other abrasive cleaning items.
- Unless it’s one of the instructions, do not heat the packaged food directly. Take it out in a bowl and then heat it.
- Always check any food residue leakage in the oven and clean it. Otherwise, it can stain or burn when you preheat or use the oven next time.
- Do not attempt to tamper with, repair, or make adjustments to the safety interlock switches, control panel, or other parts of the oven. It might compromise the protection against exposure to microwave energy. A qualified service technician should do repairs.
- Do not cook food in wooden utensils, recycled paper products, cardboard boxes, or paper towels. They will either catch fire or char the food completely.
- Attempting to deep fry things in fat inside an oven is a bad idea. It can cause severe damage to the user and cause fire accidents.
- Do not touch the accessories, oven cavity, rear cabinet, and dishes during convection mode, grill mode, and auto cook operations unless wearing thick oven gloves. They will be too hot and can cause severe burns.
Best Microwave Ovens – Frequently asked questions
Here are some frequently asked questions by users while trying to figure out one of the best microwave ovens in India for their use.
Why won’t the oven light glow?
There might be several technical issues with it and might need expert assessment. However, the most common reason can be if the door is not closed correctly. Sometimes when the microwave has not been used for weeks, such issues show up.
Can microwave energy pass through the viewing screen and harm us?
No, there is no reason why the microwave would pass through the viewing screen on the door. The holes made inside the cavity are for lightning purposes only.
Why does a beep sound occur when the control panel is touched?
A beep sound assures that the setting is entered correctly. It’s for the knowledge of the user that a beep sound occurs.
Will the microwave oven be damaged if used empty?
Yes, there are chances the device can be damaged. Even while preheating the oven, always ensure that there is at least the glass tray inside.
Why can’t we cook raw eggs openly in the oven?
Never microwave raw eggs with shells without any medium. It will blast in the oven and make a mess. The steam builds- up inside the yolk membrane creates pressure for the egg to pop. However, you can use the oven for baking(not with shells) or poaching eggs.
Why is a standing time required after microwave cooking over?
After the microwave cooking is done, the food still keeps cooking for some time. This standing time allows the food to be cooked evenly and flavor to be enhanced better. The standing time will also depend on the density of the food.
Is it possible to cook popcorn in the microwave oven?
Yes, you can use specific utensils for cooking popcorn, or some pre-packaged varieties make it easier to cook and eat from the same case.
Why doesn’t my microwave oven cook as fast as the guide states?
First of all, make sure that you follow the directions correctly and check if there is an issue in the oven’s electrical connections. The guide only gives heat settings and time as a suggestion to prevent overcooking. The most common issue that people face is they aren’t acquainted with the oven well. They miscalculate the weight, shape, and food conditions that would affect the cooking time. Use your judgment as you would for conventional cooking and let the guide be just a reference.
Why dry items take longer to cook or heat?
The property of microwaves generates heat from its ability to make water molecules in the food to vibrate. This is how food is cooked inside a microwave oven. Due to the absence of little to no moisture, dry food items will take longer to cook, or will be difficult to heat at all.