Frost free refrigerators are new-age cooling systems that feature a built-in technology to prevent ice build inside them. This helps in saving a significant amount of time usually spent at defrosting food items manually.
Frost-free refrigerators come integrated with a heating coil, time and a temperature sensor. The heating coil automatically turns on after a specific time (usually six hours), ensuring foods inside it don’t get frozen. The sensor helps detect the temperature inside the fridge and signals the coil to heat up if the temperature drops below a certain level.
With such a wide range of features and specifications at disposal, it’s pretty easy to get confused while looking for the best frost free refrigerator in India. This article has listed some of the top-selling frost free refrigerators with enough information to help you make a sound decision.
Top 6 frost-free refrigerators available in India:-
|Whirlpool 265 L Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator|
|Samsung 253 L Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator|
|Godrej 236 L Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator|
|AmazonBasics 468 L Frost Free Side-By-Side Refrigerator|
|Panasonic 336 L 6-Stage Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator|
|Whirlpool 240 L Frost Free Multi-Door Refrigerator|
Best Frost Free Refrigerator in India 2021 – Reviews
1. Whirlpool 265 L Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
The Whirlpool 265L Intellifresh INV CNV 278 3S is an energy-efficient refrigerator perfect for a medium to large family. Made from a highly durable German steel body, the convertible refrigerator allows you to transform the freezer into a fridge when you run out of space. If you’re looking for the best frost free refrigerator in India, this double door refrigerator from Whirlpool can be an ideal option.
- The flagship advanced IntelliSense inverter technology continuously analyses the internal load and adjusts cooling for optimum performances with limited energy consumption.
- The fresh flow air tower and Flexi vents featuring zeolite and macroblock technology keep foods fresh for 15 days.
- The honeycomb moisture lock-in technology condenses the released moisture from vegetables keeping them fresh and crispy for a long time.
- It comes integrated with a Freshonizer to reduce oxidation from fruits and vegetables, keeping them as fresh as new.
- The refrigerator automatically switches to the home inverter within milliseconds, ensuring a consistent and long-lasting freshness.
- Features 5 in 1 mode- all season, chef, dessert, party, and deep freeze
- Adaptive intelligence technology- fit for all-weather
- Intellisense inverter technology- auto connects to home inverter during a power cut
- Uniform cooling with scientifically designed air tower and vents
- Only installable on a whirlpool stand
2. Samsung 253 L Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
The Samsung 253L RT28M3022S8 boasts a sleek and elegant design with ultra-power-efficient features. The refrigerator comes with a frost free technology that keeps your foods and produces fresh without letting them freeze. As a result, it keeps their taste intact, and you don’t have to waste hours defrosting them- that’s why people find it to be the best frost free refrigerator in India under their budget. Plus, the movable ice maker features a dispensable ice compartment. Simply give it a twist to dispense ice cubes or remove them to store other things.
- Its all-around cooling system offers a balanced 360-degree cool air around all vents and shelves.
- The digital inverter compressor automatically reduces electricity consumption during low load, resulting in a minimized utility bill.
- Its stabilizer-free operation technology automatically cuts down power supply during high power fluctuations, keeping electrical damages at bay.
- Its separate base stand drawer lets you keep your preferred vegetables fresh and dry at room temperature by minimizing moisture build-up.
- Noiseless and energy-efficient digital inverter technology
- Stabilizer-free operation
- Auto-connects to inverter during power cuts
- 360-degree cooling system
- Big bottle compartments with toughened glass shelves
- No key lock – need to be purchased separately
3. Godrej 236 L Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator with Jumbo Vegetable Tray
The Godrej 236B is a modern refrigerator for homemakers with a fast-paced lifestyle. It comes with an automatic defrosting system that detects your ambient temperature and frost level, saving hours of your time. It also features a jumbo tray, allowing you to store plenty of vegetables and fruits. Add a spacious and most expansive shelf to it, and you have yourself a refrigerator that keeps everything sorted and fresh for weeks.
- The silver ions in the air duct eliminate the build-up of microbial properties, keeping your food safe and fresh.
- It comes with a 2.25 bottle storage allowing you enough room to store large-sized soda bottles and juice boxes.
- Its intelligent inverter compressor adjusts to your storage needs resulting in less energy consumption.
- The toughened glass in each self can easily hold weight up to 150 kg
- The widest freezer ever built with enough space to hold 5*1L bottles
- Energy-efficient compressor
- Anti-microbial silver ion technology
- Wide shelves and bottle storages
- Jumbo tray for storing produces
- Spacious, deep freezer
- Lights not available in the freezer compartment
4. AmazonBasics 468 L Frost Free Side-By-Side Refrigerator
The AmazonBasics 468L is an elegantly and aesthetically designed refrigerator with a side-by-side door and matte black finish. The left side is used as a freezer, while the right side stores fresh foods. It is hands down an enormous freezer compartment you will ever found in a refrigerator in this price range.
Be it the a+ energy-saving compressor, or its highly-rated freezer, or the automatic temperature control cooling technology, the freezer will surely exceed your expectations in every aspect.
- The biggest freezer compartment – an entire side used as a freezer
- Multiple airflow technology blows the right amount of cooling in every corner of your food and items
- Super energy-efficient compressor with an A+ rating keeps your electricity bill to the minimum
- Its quick freezer features turn water to ice within minutes
- Its quick cool feature helps in critical-cooking techniques that require instant freezing
- Alarm function if door left opened accidentally
- A+ energy saving
- Instant freeze and cooling
- A separate side for the freezer
- Automatic defrost system
- Only five years compressor warranty
5. Panasonic 336 L 6-Stage Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
The Panasonic NR- MBG34VSS3 is a technologically equipped refrigerator sophisticatedly designed to keep your food safe from germ and bacterial growth. Its AG clean technology helps in eliminating up to 99.9 percent mold and bacterial growth. Besides, keeping your whole family safe and healthy; thanks to its advanced inverter compressor, it also saves your money from the hefty utility bill. Indeed, it is the best frost free refrigerator in India.
- It features AG clean technology that deactivates up to 99.9 percent bacteria and mold, keeping the smell and freshness of food intact for a long duration
- The 3-star inverter compressor comes with a self-adjustable rotation frequency motor providing optimum cooling performance
- Specially designed storage boxes that you can adjust vertically and horizontally as per your requirements
- The surround cooling airflow system offers a uniform cooling effect with moisture-retaining capacity
- 20 percent bigger fresh-safe vegetable case than other Panasonic models
- Three-step easy Humidity Control
- Gentle Surround Cooling
- Height Adjustable Shelves
- Toughened Glass Shelves
- Movable Ice Tray
- Auto defrost feature not available
6. Whirlpool 240 L Frost Free Multi-Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool Protton 263D is a wonderful fusion of trend, class, and technology. It comes with a one-of-its-kind three-door format that allows you to store items separately and avoid odor mixing. Plus, its smart compressor analyses the load of each compartment and produces a cooling effect as needs. Its 5-rated compressor further helps limit energy consumption as lower as a CFL bulb, making it one of the most energy-efficient refrigerators in its range.
- Patented zeolite technology and Microblock technology eliminate 99.9 percent of bacterial growth in food items.
- Its 6th Sense ActiveFresh technology ensures 2X freshness by retaining moisture and preventing excessive ripening of fruits and vegetables.
- The customizable temperature knob serves as an excellent unit for storing chocolates, berries, cheese, dairy products, etc.
- It features a large 32L basket for storing fruits and vegetables
- The advanced compressor controls the air circulation, ensuring each compartment receives the best cooling effect
- Anti-bacterial technology
- Uniform cooling
- Moisture retaining technology for long-lasting freshness
- Large storage zone for fruits to prevent odor mixing
- Dispensable ice cube collection box
- No lights on top and bottom compartments
Best Frost Free Refrigerator in India – Buying Guide
Frost free technology safeguards the refrigerator against damage caused by frost buildup that often fills up the machines. Meaning, you spend less time cleaning or defrosting the coils. Plus, it also helps blow cool air throughout the food, which keeps the temperature even and adds more shelf life to food and vegetables.
Frost free Refrigerators are expensive and may increase electricity consumption compared to direct cool refrigerators. However, the technology also helps in adding more life to your appliance, making it a true value for money option. Moreover, with the recent advancement in technology, several models are available in the market engineered with power-saving technology. However, there are some other factors that you must notice before buying the best frost free refrigerator in India. Let’s understand them in detail.
Direct Cool Refrigerator
Direct cool refrigerators are your basic refrigerators that come with natural types of convection, providing a partial cool effect. This means that food stored on top/bottom (depending on air outlet) shelf gets cooler than others.
However, these refrigerators are energy-efficient as the compressor doesn’t have to work extra hard to blow the air in all directions. Despite being affordable, they do share their fair share of limitations. First, they require frequent maintenance as you have to defrost everything manually. For that, you have to turn off the fridge for a couple of hours for the ice in the freezer to melt.
The door system of the refrigerators
Following are the types of door systems available in Indian refrigerators:
Singe Door Refrigerator:
Refrigerators with sing doors are considered entry-level fridges with a storage capacity ranging from 50 to 300 ltrs. They often come with a freezer, 2-3 shelves and a vegetable bin. Their compact size makes them ideal for small families, offices, grocery stores, and clinics.
Double Door Refrigerator:
Double door refrigerators consist of two doors on the front (one on top and the other on bottom) with a storage capacity between 200 to 600 ltrs. Each door provides a different range of cooling. Usually, the left door comprises a freezer chamber offering the lowest temperature. Meanwhile, the right door covers compartments to store food items with 0-10 degrees centigrade temperature. Even if you open one door, the other will be closed, which helps keep the temperature intact inside the fridge.
Side by side doors:
Side by side, refrigerators have two doors installed just like a cupboard. Such refrigerators often come with high storage capacities, up to 810 litres. Besides, having two separate compartments for storage helps in electricity consumption. You can store your frequently used products on one side and occasional products on the other.
Door Locks and Alarms
Besides style, safety is also something you must consider while buying the best frost-free refrigerator in India. For example, if you have kids and toddlers at home, you must get a fridge with a door lock. Even if your favourite fridge doesn’t come with a door lock, you can always ask the service guy to install one.
Refrigerators with an alarm system are helpful in energy consumption. The alarm will start to buzz every time you open the door longer than it is supposed to or if somebody forgot to close it.
Electric Temperature Controls
Some fridge comes with automatic temperature and humidity controlling features. The fridge accurate determine the drop or rise of the internal temperature and raise/lower the temperature, ensuring your food stay fresh for a long time.
From power consumption to noise to cooling, everything depends on the compressor quality of the refrigerator. Nowadays, most frost-free refrigerators come with inverter technology, which was only used in air conditioners. Inverter compressors help in controlling the power flow by keeping it stable.
Some key features to consider
- Every refrigerator brand provides a specific set of features. Some are unique, while some features are commonly found in every brand:
- Go for tempered glass shelves, as they are quite tough and can handle heavy utensils and vegetables.
- The ice dispenser is one of the best features that allow you to collect ice at a twist.
- If you need frequent ice, then you can go for features such as quick-freeze or chillers.
- Some refrigerators feature separate compartments to store vegetables and fruits to avoid odour mixing.
- Features like deodorizers or moisture controllers help in keeping fruits and vegetables fresh for longer.
We hope that this blog will help you select the best frost free refrigerator in India that too wasting too much time and energy on research. However, if this list doesn’t have the ideal refrigerator you have been looking for, feel free to comment below. Our readers and we will appreciate your effort for sure.